Self-tie bow ties207 products in stock – Free shipping over $75
With a freestyle or self-tie bow tie, you're letting the world know that you are, indeed, a discerning gentleman; that you don't cut corners and believe that the best things in life are worth the time you invest in doing them. It takes a little practice to master the art of tying a self-tie bow tie. Once you get the knack of it, though, the results are well worth the effort. Use the menus below to browse through everything we offer.
0 products found
Please adjust your selected filters
Receive our inspiring "look of the week".
Occasional newsletter-only discounts of up to 50%.
Get our newsletter once or twice a week.
Welcome to the family!
You can expect the first email from us within a couple of days.
How to tie a self-tie bow tie
The art of tying a freestyle bow tieFreestyle bow ties are appealing to the fashion connoisseurs among us, with that air of old-school charm about them. You'd never catch James Bond wearing a clip-on bow tie now, would you? It's certainly easier to tie a regular necktie than a freestyle bow tie. The illustrations here show the 9 steps required to accomplish the feat. After a little practice, you should have no problem tying your own self-tie bow tie.
- Bow ties can replace neckties on any occasion
- Thanks to their compact size, bow ties can be quite extravagant in solid colors, stripes and polka dot patterns.
- As with neckties, bow ties should match your suit
- The rule of thumb for a bow tie's size is that it should be wider that the distance between the outer corners of your eyes but no wider than the width of your head
- Bow ties have a very long history. How's that for a conversation starter?