How to Tie a Grantchester Knot
Grantchester Knot Tying Steps
- Begin with the wide end on your right with the seam facing out. Start with it 10-12 cm (4-5 inches) lower than your planned finishing position.
- Bring the wide end under the narrow end to the left.
- Take the wide end in front of the narrow end to the right.
- Take the wide end behind the narrow end to the left.
- Wrap it across the front to the right. Use a finger to hold the band in place.
- Bring the wide end under the neck loop from the right.
- Take the wide end down in front to the left.
- Take it around the narrow end from behind to the right.
- Wrap the wide end around the front of the knot to the left. Use a finger to hold the band.
- Take the wide end through the neck loop from behind and down through the band made in Step 9.
- Pull down and adjust to an even shape.
About the Grantchester Knot
We suggest using a longer men’s tie for the Grantchester Knot because it requires a lot of fabric. This knot is quite full and works well for larger men with broad chests.
Watches inspired by racing. It's only dangerous if you don't know what you're doing.
A watch for all your adventures
Lightweight and reliable. Comfortable while on the move. The Scout is made to explore.
A unique dial on each watch
Natural mother-of-pearl gives each dial a distinct pattern, making your watch one-of-a-kind.
Remember death – Memento Mori
Nothing encourages us to live in the moment better than a reminder of life's inevitable end.
The Best Got Better
Our most popular watch just got a bit of a facelift based on customer feedback. We proudly present the Dante II.
Genuine Sheep Leather Driving Gloves
Driving gloves improve your grip and give you better control. These are touchscreen compatible.
The Most Easy-to-read Skeleton Watch Around
Enjoy the hypnotic dance of the exposed clockwork without losing track of time.
The rough edge of your smooth style
Inspired by the gritty atmosphere of urban landscapes and the shapes that build our world.
A pop of color breaks the silence
Toned down as far as the dial will go, the Aether collection introduces a pop of color racing around the dial 1440 times...
Trending Accessories for Men This Year
We take a look at the latest trends in men's accessories.
What are Automatic Mechanical Watches
Everything you need to know about one of man's most important inventions in one place.
How We Designed the Ryka Watch
We designed the Ryka to be strong and practical. It's handsome by accident.
How We Designed the Memento Mori Collection
We designed the Memento Mori as a statement piece - a reminder to live life to the fullest. More designs now join the ba...
How We Designed the Dante Collection
Perfection is incremental. Learn about what inspired the Dante Collection and get a peek at its upcoming improvements.
The Ultimate Guide to Accessories for Men
Your one-stop-shop for information about men's accessories of all kinds. Well... most kinds.
Engagement Rings for Men - Your Ultimate Guide
From the why to the how to the what kind, learn everything you need to know about engagement rings for men.
Layering Necklaces - The Ultimate Guide for Men
Wearing multiple necklaces in layers is a style superpower. Learn about subtlety and how to avoid overdoing it.
How We Designed the Orisun Collection
Nature's randomness fills us with wonder. The Orisun collection puts some of Mother Nature's creativity around your neck...