How to Tie a Krasny Hourglass Knot
Krasny Hourglass Knot Tying Steps
- Start with the wide end of your necktie on the right.
- Cross the wide end in front of the narrow end to your left.
- Take the wide end behind the narrow end to your right.
- Bring the wide end in front of the narrow end to your left.
- Pull the wide end up and through the neck loop from behind.
- Bring the wide end down through the band made in Step 4.
- Tighten the knot by holding the narrow end and sliding the knot up.
- Take the narrow end from behind to the right.
- Wrap it around the front of the wide end towards the left.
- Bring the narrow end behind the wide end (not through the neck loop) and down through itself on the right in front of the tie.
- As you pull the narrow end to tighten the knot, gently move it up toward the first knot made in Step 7.
- If you’re tall, and the narrow end won’t fit in the loop at this step, the inventor of the Krasny Hourglass Knot suggests wearing a vest to hide it. Solid advice direct from the creator.
About the Krasny Hourglass Knot
Alex Krasny, an incredible tie expert, created this knot and named it after the hourglass that it resembles and his last name. The steps involved in this tie knot are similar to a Four-In-Hand (ending at Step 7). So if you get in a hurry, you can stop there.
The Krasny Hourglass Knot is a subtle way to wear your tie and add a bit of a punch… but not so much that you’re knocking anyone over. A gentle punch. More like a nudge. Try it and see what we mean.
Watches inspired by racing. It's only dangerous if you don't know what you're doing.
A watch for all your adventures
Lightweight and reliable. Comfortable while on the move. The Scout is made to explore.
A unique dial on each watch
Natural mother-of-pearl gives each dial a distinct pattern, making your watch one-of-a-kind.
Remember death – Memento Mori
Nothing encourages us to live in the moment better than a reminder of life's inevitable end.
The Best Got Better
Our most popular watch just got a bit of a facelift based on customer feedback. We proudly present the Dante II.
Genuine Sheep Leather Driving Gloves
Driving gloves improve your grip and give you better control. These are touchscreen compatible.
The Most Easy-to-read Skeleton Watch Around
Enjoy the hypnotic dance of the exposed clockwork without losing track of time.
The rough edge of your smooth style
Inspired by the gritty atmosphere of urban landscapes and the shapes that build our world.
A pop of color breaks the silence
Toned down as far as the dial will go, the Aether collection introduces a pop of color racing around the dial 1440 times...
Trending Accessories for Men This Year
We take a look at the latest trends in men's accessories.
What are Automatic Mechanical Watches
Everything you need to know about one of man's most important inventions in one place.
How We Designed the Ryka Watch
We designed the Ryka to be strong and practical. It's handsome by accident.
How We Designed the Memento Mori Collection
We designed the Memento Mori as a statement piece - a reminder to live life to the fullest. More designs now join the ba...
How We Designed the Dante Collection
Perfection is incremental. Learn about what inspired the Dante Collection and get a peek at its upcoming improvements.
The Ultimate Guide to Accessories for Men
Your one-stop-shop for information about men's accessories of all kinds. Well... most kinds.
Engagement Rings for Men - Your Ultimate Guide
From the why to the how to the what kind, learn everything you need to know about engagement rings for men.
Layering Necklaces - The Ultimate Guide for Men
Wearing multiple necklaces in layers is a style superpower. Learn about subtlety and how to avoid overdoing it.
How We Designed the Orisun Collection
Nature's randomness fills us with wonder. The Orisun collection puts some of Mother Nature's creativity around your neck...